Template

Monday, October 4, 2010

Here's what I have been up to....

This weekend has been very busy at my house and I have also been very busy outside the house.  It started on Friday with Steve and his brother Drew ripping all the baseboards off and the carpets out in the living room and master bedroom (We are getting laminate...yay!!)  The rest of the weekend they spent laying the laminate, and luckily did not kill each other.  I was also lucky enough to be out of the house most of the weekend creating some scrappy goodness.



My friend Katie and I took 2 classes at the BC Crop for Kids.  The first one and my favorite, was called "Charming Favorites" mini album.  The instructor was Cari Locken, designer for Canadian Scrapbooker.  She was an amazing teacher, and we had so much fun.  Here are some pics of my finished project.





The papers are from "Paper Trunk" and the embellishments are from "Steam Trunk Craft Works"
 
Katie and I also spent some time with Steve's mom, making Christmas cards.  I pre-cut all the patterned paper, and we managed to make 15 cards each in about 2 hours.  We had so much fun, and luckily we were at Steve's parents house, so we managed to stay out of the chaos at my house.

Here are some of the cards that I made.  I just love the new Jovial line from Basic Grey!  Also, the SRM stickers, made it so quick and easy!!



The living room floor is almost done now, and there is a thin layer of sawdust on everything, but it is looking so good!! 

 

Unfortunately because of Strata, we are only allowed to work on it between 10am-5pm on the weekends, and 8am-5pm on the weekdays.  So nothing will be getting finished until next weekend.  Until then, I am going to close myself in our computer/scrapbook room, and work on my Scrapdango DT application, and Scrapdango's ABCs of Cards.



TFL!!

Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS Vanessa! And your new floor looks AWESOME! Remodeling is such a hassle but it's SO much fun when you're done and putting things back together! :)

    ReplyDelete